Sunday, July 29, 2012

Is Change Good for the Soul?

Can people really change? This is a tough question. I think that there are plenty of people in relationships who don't see people: they see potential. To marry your high school sweat heart is to marry the person you hope they'll become. However, there comes a point where people are who they are. This, of course, begs the next question: is there an us? If we change, is there a part of us that never changes? If not, our old friends and lovers are really just the aliens who now occupy their bodies.

I have traveled across the planet. I've made hundreds of friends and lost almost as many. Love has come in and out of my life like the glimpses of mournful ghosts. I sometimes stare at myself in the mirror and look for the boy I knew. I'm not always sure I want to find him.

No comments:

Post a Comment