Monday, June 25, 2012

Do you always want to know the truth, or are there times you would rather people lied or hid things from you? Is the truth always superior, will it always set you free, or are there times when it is better left unsaid?

This is like the moment in "A Few Good Men," When Tom Cruise asks for the truth, and Jack Nicholson responds, "You can't handle the truth." For example, would you want to know who of your friends your lover finds attractive? Were you happy when you found out there was no Santa Claus? On the other hand, how many of us have had a lover cheat on us or something similar, all the while, our friends knew or suspected but didn't want to be the shot messenger? 

I know when my ex-wife left me, she had already told the movers, signed an apartment lease, made tons of arrangements weeks before. We spent time together with her friend visiting during Spring Break, and I was there, clueless. Despite all the hard truths I've accepted and taken a long time to learn, I still know there are many things I still don't want to know.

1 comment:

  1. This is sad Mr. Tang. There are more fish in the sea. Keep your chin up!

    ReplyDelete